Monday, April 16, 2012

Amy's Room, in progress


Just thought I'd post a few photos of baby Amy's room in progress.  I'm loving it much more after I put up the bunting on the window.  A lovely lady from Little Kitten Homemade in the UK (an etsy find) made this bunting after I decided on the colours, pistachio and pink, and picked out the fabric patterns (loving that polka dot!).  I also had another one made for Emily's room, which I'll be writing all about in a seperate post soon.

The idea here was to improve the look of our blinds, boring as they are, and give them more a 'girls room' feel. The pelmet here also needs a good dose of white paint - but all in time no doubt!



Using what we have:-  We bought the blind four years ago, they were expensive (for us), and not many colours to choose from.  So for now we are stuck with it, and need it to work with what we have in the room.  Prettying it up a bit was what I had in mind.

pelmet and window frame both need the dose of white paint here!

Owls are definitely a little theme I'm going with in her room, I also have a beautiful print I found on etsy which I have yet to put up (but will detail that when I get to it - still waiting on a frame) - its very magical, so I'll post the link too.

Owls for Amy!



We have a canvas above the cot that I bought from Typo last year, on sale for $20, but hubby and I have agreed that its not working (and looks really flimsy) - its not often we actually agree on something!  So I'm definitely running with that, and have found a lovely wall decal (etsy again - you can see my obsession) at a very nice price, and thinking about ordering it as a replacement.  So details on that idea soon.

time to go oh flimsy canvas!!

And finally the other wall in this room is made up of a built-in closet (old and dated), desk and shelving.  All in need of some TLC of course.  Paint, new doors and hardware.

I wish painting was like photoshop sometimes!

I'm going to need a ton of white paint for sure!

On the upside this room is quite small, around 3.5m x 3.5m, so painting shouldn't be too bad (hopefullly??).  Furniture placement (and purchase) have to be carefully considered in here too.  We have decided to complete the painting and put up some pictures before anything else gets added, you never know something might occur to us that we've never tried before - we're open to all suggestions.  (any great ideas for a small space?)

As things get done (or put up!), I'll keep you posted!

Cheerio!
L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...